Vigil for Brianna Ghey
Supporting the Transgender, Non-Binary and Gender Expansive Community in and around Leeds
Who We Are
TransLeeds is a grass roots, peer support organisation that supports and is run by trans, non-binary and gender expansive people in Leeds and the surrounding areas. We run support groups, social events, swimming and gym sessions, a binder library, offer advocacy, and provide training. All of our events and support services are available to people over the age of 18.
What We Do
We run three in-person and one online support group each month. These are on the first Monday (in person, for everyone), third Thursday (online, for everyone) and fourth Wednesday (in person, seperate masc and fem groups). These groups are open to everyone under the trans umbrella
We run swimming and gym sessions on the third Sunday of each month, boardgaming on the second Sunday, and hold karaoke every three months. We also run picnics once a month during the summer, and have other events ad-hoc throughout the year
We offer advocacy for trans people in any areas where being trans may be a barrier for them. For example, we offer support for people accessing the GP and the Gender Clinics, in the workplace, in housing, for asylum seekers and refugees, and many other situations
TransLeeds have a binder library, and can provide and fit a binder as well as give advice on binder care and safety. We run binder library drop-in sessions regularly through the month- please contact us for more details!
We also offer trans awareness training and other bespoke training to organisations. Please see our training page for more details.
- Multiple DatesSun, 26 MarContact us for location details26 Mar, 17:30 – 18:30 BSTContact us for location detailsJoin us for an hour of swimming and gymming! We have exclusive use of a swimming pool and gym. This event is only open to transgender, non-binary and gender expansive people. The event is free but a donation of £5 is encouraged, to cover venue costs.
- Multiple DatesMon, 03 AprContact us for location details
- Multiple DatesWed, 05 Aprcontact us for venue details05 Apr, 16:45 – 17:45contact us for venue detailsThis event will be an hour long gentle yoga movement (āsana) class and will take place every other week. Open to all abilities. Please bring cash to donate to the running costs of the space, and a yoga mat if you can. Email email@example.com for info. See you there!
- Fri, 07 AprContact us for venue details
- Multiple DatesSun, 09 AprContact us for location details
- Multiple DatesWed, 26 AprContact us for venue details26 Apr, 18:00 – 20:00 BSTContact us for venue detailsCome along to our support group for trans men, trans masc people, and everyone on the masculine side of the gender spectrum. There isn't any gender policing and nobody will be turned away, but the conversations that happen in this group are most useful for people who are more masculine.
- Multiple DatesWed, 26 AprContact us for location details26 Apr, 18:00 – 20:00 BSTContact us for location detailsJoin us for our fem support group. This group is open to trans women, transfeminine people and everyone on the feminine end of the gender spectrum. There isn't any gender policing, but the conversations in this group are most relevant to people who are more feminine.